Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bridal Shower

Today is my bridal shower and I was up at 6 am, wide awake...like I used to do on Christmas. Sidebar: I feel such an overwhelming love for this man. Our premarital counseling with Pastor Dan (the minister who is doing our wedding) has been fabulous. Marriage is such a precious gift and as long as we continue to treasure, love, and respect each other, we will have an amazing shared journey! Back to the shower. Mom and I have been planning ideas like crazy. We're sticking with our robin's egg blue theme, but tying some light brown (burlap) and green into the mix, just for the shower. We're going to have a table of desserts, each type placed separately and labeled (with labels my artistic sister designed). Bridesmaids are bringing different types of salads, their "specialty" salads. We have manzanita branches in pots, holding these adorable birdseed hearts that we made (gotta give the birdies some love!). The hearts took forever to make, I thought my mom was crazy, but they turned out adorable. They will be favors for the guest to take when they leave. One of the games we have planned is Scrabble! However, it has a unique spin on it. We have "Kenton and Anna" already glued horizontally on a framed square of burlap. The guest arriving then have to use the provided letters to come up with words or phrases that have to do with love, marriage, us specifically, etc. Whoever comes up with a word that uses the most points wins! We have some other games too. My favorite decoration pieces are banners that we made using different patterned material and burlap. One says "Kenton & Anna" and one says "Love Birds". I'm so excited! Ah! Pictures to follow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment